Saturday, March 31, 2007

New Surfboard

I'm so pumped up. I just got a new surfboard yesterday.
surfboard 2
It's an Al Merrick (Channel Islands) Surfboard. It's the Flyer model which means it's better for getting speed in smaller waves like we have here in the OC, but it can still hold up in bigger waves too. It's a 6'4", 19 1/8 wide, 2 3/8 thick. I'm gonna ride it today for the first time. I couldn't use it yesterday because the tailpatch had to set. It's the first board I have every bought off the rack at a shop. I have always ordered them from a shaper, but this board will probably be better than any of those custom ones.
surfboard 1
Sorry if the pictures are crappy. I took them with the iSight on my MacBook Pro.

UPDATE: I went to 52nd St in Newport today and the waves were microscopic, but I could tell my board had a lot of speed. I can't wait until there are actual waves.

1 comment:

Kim Tostada said...

I'm no expert, but that looks like a pretty nice board to me..Congrats! I've always wanted to learn how to surf, especially growing up in H.B. I was supposed to learn right before I found out I was pregnant w/ Matthew.. and well.. there hasn't been much learning time since we've had him.. not to mention another on the way.. So maybe one day.. Anyway, that's my sad story. I hope you have fun and get some decent waves.