Friday, January 19, 2007

Ghandi

Amazing. Astonishing. Inspiring. I just finished watching the 1982 Best Picture winning film Ghandi with Best Actor winning Ben Kingsley in the title role.

He changed a nation and defeated the British Empire through peace. He would spin thread to make cloth, built his own home, and fasted to the point of starvation to make the world see. I loved when he said that something like "I have never advocated being passive. We will be very aggressive through non-violent non-cooperation."

I want to be aggressive in such a way that is radical, but isn't full of bitterness or anger or judgmentalism. I want to live simply and be true to what God has called me. Maybe it's time for a change in me, but I'm just not sure what exactly. Sometimes I want to change the world, but I don't even spend two hours a week hanging out with the homeless or something like that.

I have that feeling where you are frustratingly inspired. What do you do with that?

No comments: