Sunday, January 06, 2008

I Stopped Being a Youth Pastor Today

We announced to our volunteer teams today that I am now the Executive Pastor of Ministry, that Josh Simpson is the new Jr High/Student Ministries Pastor, and that Matt Doan will soon not be the H.S. Pastor anymore. It was a pretty big day with those things. I got emotional when I talked to our staff about me transitioning and how it's the first time in 15 years of adulthood that I have not been in youth ministry. It's such an incredibly strange thing for me. It's that weird blend of sadness and total excitement about the future. I will move my office this week and it will feel really official.

I'm very much looking forward to making a positive impact of change for our church in the weeks, months, and years to come.

No comments: