Friday, January 25, 2008

Day of Prayer for Kenya

I just found out in an email that there is a major effort going on today for prayer for Kenya. So please pray right now peace and for the people of Kenya to be safe, calm, to know the true Jesus Christ, and to have their physical,emotional, and spiritual needs met in this difficult time. The words from the email are below.

Take 59 – 01/25/08: Day of Prayer of Kenya (public)

“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and
pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from
heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land” (2 Chronicles
7:14, NLT).

A call to prayer has gone out through email making its way through
worldwide prayer networks---a call to a day of pray for the country of
Kenya on January 25, 2008. Their desire is to see every Kenyan and every
friend of Kenyans on every continent praying together on behalf of the
people in their country. Would you take some time today and join our
brothers and sisters everywhere in prayer for Kenya? Would you also
encourage others to pray?
Pray for peace in Kenya.
Ask the Lord to strengthen the body of Christ in Kenya and through the
power of the Holy Spirit, extend the love Christ to their fellow
countrymen.

“Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me
sow love; when there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where
there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is
sadness, joy.” St Francis 1915

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I too have posted this email. My husband and I have strong ties to Kenya. Our daughter and her husband and 3 young daughters are there as missionaries. We went to visit last April. It's just hard to believe this is happening. Come Lord Jesus!

If you go to my blog, go to my archives and click on Kenya for all that's been shared about this crisis.