Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK


How different is our world today because of this man? I grew up with black kids in my class at school and it didn't matter. It's almost weird to me to think of a world where people would be separated and treated differently in an official way. I know that racism exists today and I even know that I have my own prejudices, but a lot of the dream that Martin Luther King Jr talked about has come true. Again, I know it's easy for a suburban white male to say, but I say it to praise his and many other people's sacrifices. The church today needs to continue to put reconciliation (spiritual and physical) at the core of its mission.

Here is a link to a great post about his famous speech.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about Dr. King a lot lately too. As we bring an Ethiopian baby into our family, I am so grateful and thankful for the many people including Dr. King who fought to bring our son freedom and opportunity and equality in America. How different his life would be if not for their sacrifice!