Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another Awkward Celebrity Interaction

As most of my friends know, I turn into a total moron when I am around famous people. Seeing as we live in SoCal this does happen occasionally.

Yesterday, I took Grace to disneyland and we saw Guy Fieri from The Food Network. I love cooking and food and I watched the whole season when he won The Next Food Network Star.
img_guy
So I see him walking by with his family at Disneyland right between the Teacups and Storybook Land - by the way, only go on Storybook Land if you want to suffer a slow and painful death. Then I recognize him and I stick my fist up like "Yes!" and I say, "Dude, I watched your whole journey and I rooted for you the whole time!" He says, "Thanks man, I appreciate it" with a seemingly genuine smile.

I am a serious dork.

3 comments:

Melissa Brosch said...

Yesssss!!! I was rooting for him too! I thought his food was actually interesting and his personality basically dominated all of the other crazy people. I don't think you're a dork Eric, I would've done the same thing. :)

Brooke said...

I have to admit, I don't think I would have done the same thing if I saw Duffy from Ace Of Cakes (I'm a serious fan...) I think I would have just stammered incoherantly. If you don't know the show, here's the link http://www.aceofcakestv.com/

Anonymous said...

who cares about this...when is the wine post?