Thursday, June 28, 2007

Car

So I'm gonna keep my car and not get a new one. I will keep driving my 1999 4Runner, but I will make sure it's in good condition and I will get a new stereo put in so that I actually like my car. We own it outright and it's a Toyota so even though it has 112,000 miles it should be great. Then we will get Bea a nicer car in September when her lease runs out. We will never lease again. It was good for a season where we wanted a newer more reliable car, but couldn't afford the down payment. But now with no monthly on my car and some savings we can get Bea a new Nissan Pathfinder or Honda Pilot or something like that. We'll see.

I'm excited to look for a new stereo!!

2 comments:

Melissa Brosch said...

Good decision on keeping your car. Its the cheaper way to go in the long run.

Anonymous said...

There was a millionaire in Santa Barbara who was a 'guest professor' at Westmont. I adutited his "Personal Finance" class. He was VERY rich and drove a 84 Datsun. "Cars are depriciating assets" he said. He determined that it helped keep him humble, driving an old car and living in a 'normal' house. I really respected his modesty.

Anyhoo, my point, if it runs and fits your practical needs, good choice to keep it.