Sunday, February 25, 2007

Crazy Weekend

So I left on Friday afternoon for our church's Men's Retreat. It was a Wild at Heart theme with a couple people from John Eldredge's team coming to do the speaking - one of which is Bart Hansen who is a member/former elder of our church. It was pretty cool actually. I usually think the Men's Retreat is incredibly boring. The whole million video clip method of teaching definitely keeps you engaged. The big thing I don't understand is why we have to have so many meetings. More fun, less meetings. It's like the clip from Jerry Maguire that we watched. Fewer clients, less money. I say, "More fun, less meetings." Am I going to get fired like Jerry? Probably not. We did play Ultimate Frisbee in about 4 inches of snow on a huge football field. Very tiring, but muy fun.

Some of us drove home on Saturday night because we had church responsibilities. I actually preached both services on Sunday. I like doing the Celebration service. It's about twice as big as our Elevation service, but that's not why I like it. It's has less energy and enthusiasm as our Elevation service, but that's not why I like it. I like it because the people love talking about it after the service. I was talking to these three adorable older ladies after the service who just wanted to chat. It was funny and kinda fun. They loved that I teased our Sr Pastor in my sermon about being a germa-phobe.

Then we had Hume Lake sign-ups and had hundreds of people outside the gym. We had a big "cookout" as my southern friends would call it. We raised about $1,500 for the Kenya trip with the BBQ as us SoCal people call it. Awesome.

I left the house at about 6:30am and got home at 2:45pm and I was on my feet the whole time after being on the Men's Retreat. Needless to say, I am exhausted. It's good to be with my family.

P.S. We leave for Maui next Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments: