Saturday, February 10, 2007

Briefs

1. My wife is going to Winter Formal tonight. That sounds weird. She is chaperoning for the High School she teaches at. I'm staying home with Grace.
2. I played Guitar Hero for the first time last night. That stuff is fun.
3. The Pro Bowl is the lamest game ever.
4. Some African missionaries from our church say that they think it's fine to go to Kenya even with the Travel Advisory. Others who have been to Kenya recently agreed. The people from Christ's Hope think it's fine too. We shall see.
5. I have been reading a lot lately. I need to update my reading list because my Ph.D. program is completely altering my current reading. A few of the current books: Friendship and the Moral Life - Wadell. Integrative Theology - Lewis and Demarest. Wasting Time with God - Issler.
6. A Barack update will be coming soon with some revelations about radical Muslim connections.
7. I preach in Elevation on Feb 18, Feb 25, April 22, April 29, and May 6.
8. Our church just hired Gary McIntosh as a consultant and he will be observing on April 22. As you saw above, I am speaking that day. Yikes!
9. I am directing at Elevation tomorrow. It's kind of fun. I work in the Tech Booth once a month or so as a director to make sure that the people running lights, sound, video, PowerPoint, recording, and that they are all doing their jobs at the right time and in the right way. I like it. It probably has something to do with my issues with control, but I also know what's going on in the service potentially better than anybody else (a few of us could be described this way) so it makes sense to have me back there.
10. Grace has been sick a lot lately and I feel so bad for our sweet little girl.
11. We are going to Maui on March 3 for a week and I can't wait.
12. Then we are going to Vancouver Island on April 9 for a week and that is going to be awesome too.
13. I love Light Ruffles - Cheddar and Sour Cream flavor. They are awesome and not horrible for you. Fat Free. 15 chips for one point for any WeightWatchers people.
14. We find out the gender of our baby next Friday. WOOHOO!!

3 comments:

ashdown said...

how is 'wasting time with god'?

Eric Wakeling said...

I am liking "Wasting Time with God." It's an interesting blend of popular and scholarly writing that has a true heart behind the words. I think Issler gets it.

Victor Estrada said...

your mom sucks at guitar hero