Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Zoo Today

I took the day off work today and took Grace to the zoo with my sister and here three adult kids and my brother, his wife, and their three kids. It was a pretty awesome day. We were there from 9am-3:30pm and saw a bunch of amazing things.
This picture below is Grace and her cousin Lindy. They are great friends.
Grace and Lindy
This next one is of the first highlight. We saw a black Jaguar being fed a leg of lamb on a rope. The jaguar had to attack and "kill" the leg of lamb before being allowed to eat it. AMAZING!
Jaguar eating
Then we saw a white wolf being walked down the path and the zookeepers told us to watch out. I don't have a picture of that though. The next highlight was of the gorillas. I liked this picture. Very dramatic.
Gorilla
This next one is by far my favorite picture of the day. The polar bears were so active and fun. I got a bunch of shots of this one playing with his ball - this was the best.
Polar Bear
The last photo highlight was of this rhino eating leaves. Funny lips.
Rhino
I love the zoo and I love family. Today was a great day. But right now I am seriously pooped.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice shots, Eric... did you go to San Diego or LA? We're trying to plan a trip to one of them- what was your favorite exhibit?

Eric Wakeling said...

The San Diego Zoo is pretty much known as the best zoo in the country. It was awesome. The polar bears were great and so were the gorillas. The tropical aviary was really cool too. Birds flying all over the place in this lush rainforest that you can walk through.