Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Awake Since 2:00am

Yes...I have been awake since 2am. Ella was crying and wouldn't sleep and I eventually just had to go watch TV with her on my lap.

TV Notes:
The Next Food Network Star - I want Amy to win. The other two are annoying and Jag is a cheater so they eliminated him. I like Amy's point of view - a good mixture of culinary expertise, French style, and housewife.
Hell's Kitchen - this show is getting annoying. The people can't even cook. Where do they choose these people from? They suck. They overcook and undercook constantly. One potential executive "chef" didn't know what ahi was. Give me a freaking break???
Top Chef - this is the coolest cooking reality show on TV and I just discovered it. They are all actually real chefs who know what they are doing. It's a pleasure to watch instead of being painful.

Yes, I am a little too into cooking reality shows.

I have to speak tonight in Jr High and I'm going to be exhausted by 8:00pm after being at work for 10 hours by that point. I also went to sleep last night at around 10:30pm so that's about 3.5 hours of sleep. AAAGGGHHHH!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric! It's been a while since I've commented. I love hearing about the baby. Hope we get to meet her soon. Also, I'm speaking at a junior high camp next week...like 30 kids. Any good material?

Anonymous said...

Eric,
My name is Billy. I have 2 daughters as well. One is 6 months old. I don't get any sleep either. It nice to know I'm not alone out there.

Melissa Brosch said...

Well, I don't really care that you didn't sleep, but I have deep feelings about Top Chef and Food Network Star.

I definitely want Amy to win. I think they knew that Jag was a cheater all along, but they kept him on the show for the drama. I couldn't stand him from the beginning. The other girl is pretty annoying. I was so bummed when she was on with Rachel Ray! Rachel was way more into her than Amy. I feel like Rachel was biased and rigged everything. Such crap. Giada would never do that!

As far as top chef goes, I"m open to a few people. I like the tall guy, but I'm not totally convinced of his skill. Hung seems to have an edge but he's just an ahole. There are other good ones, so I am waiting to see it get more exciting.

Don't feel bad about being obsessed with these shows. There are others like you out there...eh em...myself included! :)

Chris Goeppner said...

that dude from hells kitchen might be the anti christ.