Saturday, December 29, 2007

Best Experiences of 2007

1. Birth of Elizabeth Noel Wakeling
The birth of our second daughter in June was amazing. She was taking a while to come and then suddenly burst out before the doctor could even bring the stirrups out. She had a mohawk from birth and she is an amazing little girl.

2. 10 Year Anniversary
On July 5, 1997 I married my amazing wife Bea. We stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui back in March for the celebration of our anniversary because of Experience #1 above.

3. Trip to Kenya
Going to Africa for the first time with high school students from Calvary Church was definitely life-changing. You can read all about it at the Calvary to Kenya blog.

4. Coaching Grace in AYSO Soccer

This was crazy as Ella was born about a week into the season and we only missed one game. It was a good way for Grace to feel loved and receive attention during the newborn phase for Ella. I was a little nervous because I hadn't played soccer since I was 11 and I have never coached soccer. But they were four-year-olds. It was fun, silly, and pretty rewarding. Check some pics at this post here.

5. Watching the Anaheim Ducks win the Stanley Cup.

Every round of the playoffs was intense. This was especially fun after hanging out with my family up in Canada this year and trash talking about the Canucks and Ducks. Also, with my buddy Ashdown having to listen to me gloat after his beloved Detroit Yankees lost to the now-mighty Ducks. Hopefully, now that Scott Niedermayer is back we can regain some of the glory from last year.

Honorable Mentions:
Getting a promotion at church.
Living in an apartment for the first time since college.
Looking for a new home.
Dropping out of my PhD program.

No comments: