Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sick and New Things

My body is shutting down from the stress of the whole trip to Kenya and being home and resting. I thought I was just really jet-lagged but last night I started feeling like I might be getting sick and I woke up this morning feeling crappy. I hung out with the kids in the morning and when Bea got home from school at around 11:30am I ate some lunch and then got in bed. I fell asleep instantly and was out for 4.5 hours. I just woke up about 20 minutes ago. It's hard because I was supposed to be back at church for my first day today and tomorrow we have a big brainstorm meeting but I don't think I'm gonna make it. I am also sweating every drop of liquid out of my body, but I don't think I have malaria - I really hope not.

Yesterday, I had a couple firsts when we went to Disneyland. It was at Disneyland where I thought I was just feeling jet-lagged, but at home I realized I was sick.
1. We went on the new Nemo Submarine Ride for the first time - awesome!
2. We went to the Blue Bayou Restaurant for the first time. This is the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride. Not that awesome and really expensive.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Isn't that the BUMMER about the Blue Bayou??! It's really just the same food that you get at New Orleans Square but with cool ambiance... Tom took a bunch of us to Clubb 33 for my birthday a few years ago and it was Crazy expensive. Awesome food though. Then we watched Fantasmic from the balconies; it was cool. Probably the most expensive birthday ever, though... eek.
Sorry to hear you're sick, buddy. :op